Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A little love for Windows Live Writer

Problem solved.

There was some odd “bug fixing” stuff in the blogger theme.

.post-body p {
  line-height: 1.4em;
  /* Fix bug in IE5/Win with italics in posts */
  margin: 0;
  height: 1%;
  overflow: visible;
}

This was confusing WLW a bit obviously. I just removed this (sorry no more support for IE5 *pfft*) and all is well. the problem that I thought I was going to have with the empty p tags between each paragraph that I was getting but do not get when WLW is working properly is a non problem. The actually empty tags: <p></p> are not rendered at all, only the tags that WLW was inserting: <p>&#160;</p> with that non breaking space in there were causing the blank paragraph to be given some space – and these are not generated when your CSS is okay.

So everything work as far as I can see. Looks like a real WYSIWYG editor now. I can click anywhere, I can insert lists, I can probably stop checking the mark-up like a freak…

Thanks Joe Cheng! You rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment