Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vote 1 MAME

Just a small update today. After having to do my civic duty and throw my vote away I only had a couple of hours this morning to work in the shop.

I made the sides, which have a chamfered edge to accommodate the front panels:

DSCN2395 DSCN2396

Due to the problem with two of three sheets of the ply being 19mm rather than 17mm, the piece that I had roughed out for the front panels is not going to be suitable – the doors and other door frame parts are 19mm which would leave the doors 2mm proud or would have them inset to sit flush which I don't care for either. Unfortunately, the only piece that I have left of the 19mm that is big enough for the front panels has the grain running in the direction that would be up and down the panel, i.e. along the bend, not around the bend… I had a go of bending the sheet in that way, but it is just far too brittle.

I am going the have to go with a corner there after all. Back to sketchup then to figure out the exact dimensions.

Here is an overview of today’s progress (short day, but at least I did get to use a hand plane… mmm):

DSCN2398

Now, GO VOTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment